Labor of Love
We love labor. Labor brings your baby into this world and is one of the most physically challenging events you will ever experience. We can help you appreciate the miracle of labor with our custom parent education series designed to teach you everything you need to know about the labor process. Our private or small group classes dive deep into the miracle of birth. We cover everything you may want to know-or not know- about the labor process. You will learn:
- How to physically prepare and recognize the signs of labor
- The stages of labor and what to expect during this time
- When and how to communicate with your provider
- Labor Interventions, Monitoring, and Medications
- Medical and non-medical options for pain management
- Fetal interventions and protocols
- Cesarean Birth
- Tools to create and communicate with your labor team
This series is excellent for first time parents interested in labor preparation. We fill in important gaps of information not covered in traditional prenatal care that may be a significant source of stress during labor. We compile the important information you need to keep you and your partner functional and focused during this time. Additional topics can be covered depending on your specific needs and interests.
Labor of Love can be completed in a 5-6 hour one day intensive class or over two evenings in the privacy of your home or small group setting. We recommend starting the course by 36-37 weeks. The expecting mother and her partner or support person is expected to attend.
Please call or email for pricing and scheduling details.