Newborn Feeding 101
We believe that families who learn, practice, and prepare for breastfeeding a newborn are more likely to be successful than those who do not. We have committed an entire lecture series to couples interested in learning how to breastfeed. Breastfeeding is a skill that requires time, knowledge, and patience for the baby and mother. This comprehensive series will teach you the changes you should expect from your body in the early days of feeding and techniques to minimize discomfort. We will provide you with practical information including:
- The importance of skin to skin contact
- Recognition of hunger cues
- Breast feeding positions and breast care
- How often and how long to feed your baby
- Signs that your baby is getting enough to eat
- Trouble shoot common breast feeding concern such a engorgement, infection, and nipple care
- How to properly pump and store breast milk
- How to choose and prepare formula
- When and how to introduce solid foods
- Family involvement in infant feeding
Wow, that’s a lot! We know it is a big topic. Don’t worry, you’ve got this covered.
Newborn Feeding 101 is a 1-2 hour class for the pregnant mother and her partner or support person.
Please call or email for pricing and scheduling details.